Friday, March 2, 2007

Musings: Meetings, Lightroom, Netbeans, Ruby

Where does the time go?

Exceptionally busy at work this week, I've been bouncing from meeting to meeting. This is always a tricky balance, as many of these seem to be productive meetings, but at the same time, if all I have time for is meetings, I think the balance has shifted in a bad way.

Spent some more time with Lightroom 1.0 tonight: I've got something like 40Gb of RAW photos on the laptop to organize, process, upload and burn, and Lightroom seems better than most at helping me with an efficient workflow.

Lightroom behaved for me tonight. No sign of the flakiness, shutdowns and other nonsense that plagued me the other night. That's a positive sign. I'll keep my fingers crossed. If I can get through the trial without experiencing more of that, I could be persuaded to enjoy Lightroom.

Trying to clear some photo space so I can download/install Netbeans M7; I've got a minor ruby project I'd like to toy with, and I've been meaning to try the Netbeans/Ruby support, so I can kill two birds with one stone.

1 comment:

Jamie Whitehouse said...

The link to NetBeans M7 seems to be incorrect, pointing to a bad ad for Vista instead.